Today I will be Comparing the Best Selling Dog Carriers and Pet Travel Bags
What to watch out for when choosing a suitable Pet Carrier and my personal Recommendation for traveling by Air with your Dog.
Wheeled Dog Carriers Airline Approved
I will be comparing following 3 Airline Approved, Wheeled Pet Carriers:
- Coopeter: Pet Carrier Stroller with Wheels starting from$69,99
Coopeter Pet Carrier Stroller with Wheels for Travel
Pet Carrier Stroller with Wheels
Overall Rank: 4,4 out of 5
Official Product Description on Amazon:
Coopeter Pet Carrier Stroller with Wheels for Travel
Portable Pet Carrier With Wheels.
The safety and comfort of your pet is extremely important.
Choosing the right dog carrier will be a crucial factor in how well they travel.
It is important to take the time to choose a dog carrier that is the right size for your Pet.
The carrier is durable and strong with plenty of ventilation and is approved to be used on airlines and trains and in your own vehicle.
With our carriers, your pets will learn not to be afraid of traveling and will actually come to really love it.Large space,19.7” x 12.2” x 11.8”, please kindly compare the size of your pet and our product to make sure it will let him/her feel unrestrained.
- Safe & Comfortable
- Easy Washable
- Fully fold able and detachable
- Upgraded Structural Design
- Strong & Durable
- Multi functional
For Pet Owners
When you’re traveling with your pet, it is important that they are safe and comfortable.It is also important that you know that they are secure. It makes for an easier, more relaxed trip.
With the Coopeter Pet Wheels Travel Carrier, your furry friends will be content during the entire trip.
-Package Including-1 x pet carrier-1 x pet bowl
The Pros & Cons
- Smooth & silent swivel wheels ensure smooth-rolling mobility in any direction, your pet won’t even feel a bump in it; with the extending handle, you can take your pet anywhere easily. Size:12.2*19.7*11.8 inch.
- Easy Storage： The four-wheeled platform is detachable, and the whole carrier can be folded completely flat for convenient storage when you’re finished traveling; removable fleece bed for easy wash.
- Outstanding Structural Design:Compact pet travel carrier is composed of an upgraded super-strong metal and durable materials which offer maximum strength and durability. The wheels makes it convenient for travelers to walk through airports with long walks. It also features hand-carry straps and a no-slip, adjustable shoulder strap for easy pulling and pushing. It arrives neatly packed in a bonus carrying bag, and is easy-to-assemble.
- Why You’ll Love It ? Make it easier to take your pet to the vet, groomers, even the airport so you can take them with you on vacation. Easy to clean and folds flat for storage. The cozy fleece pads of dog / cat carrier can be completely removed and washable. Side and top zipper openings allows you to safely interact and comfort your pet while traveling.
- Tough & Durable： Tear-resistant mesh is strong enough to withstand scratches, ensures the wheels travel carrier of superior durability; no-slip carrying strap and sturdy zippers for safety.
- Only available in Grey Color – $10 extra for Black Color Option
- Too Heavy for Airline Travel, 7.4 lbs about 3.5 Kg
- Handle extends from beneath the carrier, not from the top so the carrier tilts if you try using the handle
- You have to take the wheels out to fit under the airplane seat.
- Unless you plan to fly first class, do not purchase this item and expect to travel on United Airlines.
- Question: Does this unit fit underneath an 8 1/21”height? Does back and front collapse down for transport on southwest airlines which only has an 8 /2” h
- Answer:I had to crush down the back to slide under seat and front was ‘normal. Had little room for your feet but it did work.By Bonny Del on June 20, 2019 2 votes
- Question:I have a 21 pound cat, what is the weight limits?
- Answer:I think is to small for you cat, my dog weighs 11 pounds, so my guess that your cat will not have enough space to move.By Janet on September 2, 2019
- Question:Does this have a slide side strap for luggage
- Answer:It has 3 straps: one on each side which can be connected over the top so it can be carried by hand and a longer strap which can be attached at either end. If connected at both ends it becomes a shoulder strap. If only connected at one end (leaving the other in loose), you can use it to pull the carrier behind you as … By Vicky on November 20, 2019
- Question:Is there a way to lock the rear wheels? Walking down the sidewalk, the carrier goes all over the place and ends up rolling sideways.
- Answer:Pulled it flat ways so did not have that problem. Pulled easily on four wheels. Handle adjusts to make it comfortable to pull.By Bonny Del on September 27, 2019
Who is Coopeter Pet Wheels Travel Carrier For?
Suitable only for small sized Dogs up to 4,5 Kg or First Class Passengers
When you’re traveling with your pet, it is important that they are safe and comfortable.It is also important that you know that they are secure. It makes for an easier, more relaxed trip. With the Coopeter Pet Wheels Travel Carrier, your furry friends will be content during the entire trip.
Coopeter Pet Wheels Travel Carrier Support
The Coopeter Pet Wheels Travel Carrier is sold by Towber and fulfilled by Amazon
The support offered with the product. Is there a community, forum, personal support, do the owners support it.
Coopeter Pet Wheels Travel Carrier Price
The Price starting at $69.99 for the grey carrier and $79.99 for the Black version of the same size
My Final Opinion of Coopeter Pet Wheels Travel Carrier
I actually don’t recommend this Carrier for Air travel as it is too heavy and therefore can only carry Pets up to 4 Kg on Board as Pet in Cabin. Coopeter Pet Wheels Travel Carrier is better for Car or Train rides than Air Travel.
The Quality is actually great as you can tell by the positive Customer Reviews it got on Amazon.
None the Less, as good and comfy as it seems, it doesn’t suit me and my needs for a good Travel Bag. On my best days I’m around 6 Kg, so this Carrier with me inside would exceed ALL Airlines weight limits and would not be Approved if you’re Traveling Coach like me.
Read and check all the Pet friendly Airlines as well as their Weight, Size and other Rules and Regulations for carrying your Dog with you in Cabin here in my Post: How to take a Dog on a Plane
If you are a First Class or Business Class Passenger with your Pet, this Bag would be OK I guess.
Oh Well,… On to the Next one…
AmazonBasics: Soft-Sided Pet Travel Carrier with Wheels
Brand: Amazon Basics
Price: $18.94 for small version, the Large Version is $48.17
Overall Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Amazon Basics Soft-Sided Pet Travel Carrier with Wheels
Traveling with your pet? Arrive safely and in style with help from this soft-sided rolling carrier from AmazonBasics. The carrier works especially well for airline travel and for routine trips to and from the vet. Available in Medium or Large, the black carrier combines a durable design with user-friendly features to ensure secure containment, ease of use, and ultimate safety and comfort for your furry friend.
Note: do not leave pet unattended in the carrier.
Durable Design with Mesh Sides
Made of rugged oxford fabric, the travel carrier offers reliable strength from one trip to the next. Mesh sides offer ventilation and easy viewing—pets can see out and you can visually check to make sure your little buddy is doing okay (no need to open the carrier). For added comfort while en route, the carrier provides an interior mat with a soft cover.
Easy to Clean
The interior mat cover can be removed for machine-washing as needed (separately in cool water with mild detergent—do not bleach, iron, or dry clean; tumble dry on low). The carrier can be spot cleaned as necessary.
- Soft-sided carrier with mesh sides
- Made of durable oxford fabric
- 2 loop carry handles
- Shoulder strap that doubles as a pull-strap
- Detachable smooth-rolling wheels
- Backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
Carry Handles and Pull Strap
Two loop handles and a shoulder strap make it easy to lift and transport the carrier. Even more, the adjustable shoulder strap doubles as a pull-strap for use when rolling the carrier.
For comfortable convenience and to ensure pets enjoy a steady ride, the carrier comes equipped with four durable wheels. Simply pull the long strap to smoothly roll the carrier. Whether it’s through airport terminals or hotel lobbies, getting from point A to point B is a breeze. The wheels can be detached after reaching the desired destination.
Product Dimensions: 19.7 x 10.2 x 11 inches ; 3.64 pounds
The Pros & Cons
- Light Weight: only 1,5 Kg with wheels.
- Nice Price
- Large soft-sided pet travel carrier—great for air travel or trips to the vet
- Made of durable oxford fabric with mesh sides for ventilation and easy viewing (for you and your pet)
- 2 loop carry handles; longer shoulder strap doubles as a pull-strap
- 4 wheels ensure a smooth, effortless ride—detachable for a non-rolling option (and a more compact size)
- Measures 19.6 by 10.2 by 11 inches (L x W x H); backed by an Amazon Basics 1-year limited warranty
- Wheels height is excluded.
- No Actual Handle to pull the Bag
- Not very Fashionable Design
- No Padding
- No extra Storage Room
- No Blinds
- No Comfort
- No Coupon for this Offer
My Opinion on this Soft-Sided Pet Travel Carrier with Wheels by Amazon Basics
This Soft Sided Carrier is great for Dogs my Size (Jack Russell Terrier and similar Breeds up to 6,5 Kilograms).
Due to the Soft and Flexible Material and light weight of 1,5 Kg, this Carrier can easily find room between Seats in All Common Airplanes and fit right next to your Feet.
It can be fully folded and the wheels can also be detached. The Price is great for a wheeled Pet Carrier!
(The Cheapest One I could find, in suitable Quality and Airline Approval on Amazon)
This Travel Bag for Pets is definitely considerable to be among my Top Choices, for Dogs who don’t fly too frequently and/or mainly travel on short domestic flights.
For Long Distance Flights this Bag is still an opportunity, but not to recommend when it comes to your Dogs’ Comfort and Safety during long Flights.
Overall Rating: 4.4 out of 5
Travel with Peace of Mind
Traveling with a pet is stressful, but traveling with Sherpa ensures pets are secure and comfortable. Widely recognized as the premier producer of soft-sided carriers, Sherpa is the innovator of function and style for pet travel and the only line of carriers that is backed by the Guaranteed On-Board promise. All Sherpa carriers also come with a 1-year limited warranty. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact our customer care.
Guaranteed On-Board is the only program that guarantees our carriers are compliant with each airline’s specific rules and regulations and provides all the information needed for an easy, hassle-free trip. The small and medium sizes are Guaranteed On-Board with many major US airlines. After providing flight, carrier, and pet information at our website, pet parents are given a Guaranteed On-Board form to be presented to the gate agent at the airport. Should the passenger be denied due to the Sherpa carrier, we will reimburse the cost of the flight and pet fee. Guaranteed! Check our website for more information.
Key Features & Benefits
Smooth and Quiet Motion
Recessed castor wheels for smooth, quiet, steady motion. Swivel wheels available on the newer model #Q98792 only.
Pet on Board Flag is included for better visibility while traveling. Available on the newer model #Q98792 only.
Carry It or Pull It
Padded pull handle for extra comfort conveniently detaches and doubles as an adjustable luggage strap.
Patented spring wire frame allows the carrier to fit under airline seats while maintaining its form.
Takes the weight off your shoulders. The new and improved SHERPA-On-Wheels™ utilizes easy-glide recessed castor wheels for smooth, quiet, steady motion. The detachable handle can also be used as a shoulder strap and features a padded support for comfort. Carry it or pull it, it’s great either way.
The SHERPA-On-Wheels features a stylish light-weight design. Made from high-quality black nylon. A travel bed tray slides in and out for easy cleaning and includes a soft, cozy, machine-washable faux lambskin liner.
The carrier has mesh panels and roll-up flaps on three sides for ventilation and privacy. Top and side entry flaps make it much easier to comfortably load pets in the carrier.
- A large side zippered pocket can hold your important pet travel documents.
- This carrier features a patented spring wire frame that easily slides underneath airline seats.
- The SHERPA-On-Wheels is part of the Guaranteed-On-Board; Program and is approved for use on many major airlines. Available in one size and black.
- Pet carrier with recessed wheels for easy-glide motion
- Adjustable shoulder strap converts to a padded pull handle
- Four mesh panels for ventilation, roll down privacy flaps, top and side entry with locking zippers, machine washable faux lambswool liner and Pet on Board flag for better visibility
- Guaranteed-On-Board Program and approved for use on many major airlines
- For pets 19” in length x 9.5” in height and up to 22 pounds
Do NOT select the carrier size based on weight only.
Choose the carrier size based on your pet’s measurements first, then make sure not to exceed the maximum weight limit.
Carrier measures 20 inches Length x 12.25 inches Width x 10.5 inches Height
This version of the Large Sherpa on Wheels is really impressive. It is sturdier and has far better wheels and material than the previous generation. The bottom is constructed of a one-piece plastic tray that protects the bottom edges and can hold in any fluids that might leak out during travel. The zippers on this Sherpa start higher up, away from where an animal is most likely to dig. This means the doors don’t open as wide but this is a design feature, not a flaw. The large top opening is the preferred way of ingress and egress. The height and width of this bag is perfect to fit under seats on all common airliners. This bag rolls more freely than the old Sherpa, making it better to pull through the airport, but you have to hold it in position under the seat with your feet during takeoff.
This Carrier is 100% Airline Approved and all I can say is ,this one fantastic Pet Carrier. I would recommend it for dogs up to 22 lbs for short domestic, and Long Distance Flights alike.
I will get this Sherpa Dog carrier on Wheels for my Flight to Amsterdam next Week, since I am also flying to Valencia again soon after Amsterdam.
I’ll be happy to let you know about my Trip and experience with this Sherpa Travel Bag.
If You have any Questions Comments or Recommendations regarding Air Travel with your Pet, you’re more than welcome to leave your 2 Cents below in the Box and I will make Change as soon as I see it!
Enjoy Your Flight!
Much Love & Respect